Does Invisalign Work?
How effective is Invisalign? Do clear aligners work & the traditional braces we’ve known for all those years? Here’s what you should expect if you go with Invisalign treatment in Sioux Falls.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that gives you a beautiful smile by straightening your teeth using a method of clear plastic trays or aligners fitted into your mouth to correct bites. The clear aligners are famous with adults and teens seeking to straighten their smiles without traditional metal-and-wire brackets.
Patients work with an orthodontist who creates a set of customized aligners. As the teeth get pushed into their expected place, the wearer qualifies for the next tray set, slowly getting to the end of the treatment and, ultimately, a beautiful smile. Unlike metal braces, clear aligner trays can be removed when you eat, brush teeth, and floss your teeth. Though they are most effective when worn 20 to 22 hours a day.
What Dental Issues Can It Fix?
Invisalign can handle many of the issues rectified by metal braces. When worn as per the treatment plan, aligners bring beautiful transformation. But they are not a versatile fix. Many orthodontists recommend that clear aligner is for only mild to moderate cases.
Candidates should consult a skilled professional to determine whether an irregularity is treatable with Invisalign clear aligners.
Though it can fix the below issues:
- Crowded Teeth When teeth are deformed or crowded together because of a lack of space.
- Overbite When upper teeth overlap the lower teeth, a deep bite can be painful and cause trouble.
- Underbite When the lower teeth overlap the upper teeth.
- Crossbite When a misaligned jaw causes one or more upper teeth to bite inside the lower teeth.
- Gap teeth Spacing between the teeth.
- Open bite When the upper and lower teeth don’t meet.
How Does Invisalign Work?
The forthcoming user begins the treatment method by consulting with an Invisalign dentist. In this review, the orthodontist or dentist decides whether Invisalign is a proper corrective treatment for your particular issues. During this, your teeth get custom aligners using the 3D scans rather than impressions made by the patient with sticky molds.
- Aesthetics The clear aligners are more discreet than metal-and-wire braces.
- Patient Comfort- Metal brackets can be harsh with sensitive gums and mouths. The trays are cut to perfectly fit your gumline.
- Easy To Remove- You can remove the trays while eating, brushing, and flossing. Clear aligner users must make a habit of carrying a toothbrush.
- Fewer Emergencies- Traditional braces wires occasionally break, and brackets may pop off the teeth. With clear aligners, you make rarer trips to the dentist.
- Eat Whatever You Want- With metal braces, you cannot eat chewy foods, but clear aligner users can remove their trays out to eat anything they like.
Is Invisalign Right for You?
When choosing if clear aligner is the correct fit, it’s crucial to consider wearing & including Invisalign in your lifestyle to get good oral hygiene. Parents looking into Invisalign for their teens must consider the possibility of their kids wearing it up to 20- to the 22-hour-per-day regimen.
Invisalign Treatment in Sioux Falls
If you think clear aligner is the right for you & you can get a beautiful smile using it, go for it. However, still, you have some queries regarding clear aligner, call us to get a free consultation on Invisalign or contact us to visit our dental office in Sioux Falls for Invisalign.